This sustainability salad recipe really depends on the local produce available in the area you live in—and the veggies that make you smile. We used micro greens that are grown on top of high rises in Vancouver, local asparagus, green beans and potatoes. Use anything that is in season and local. Most importantly, get creative—you can’t go wrong with this one. Tossed with a Spicy Mustard Dressing that has Omega-3 ALA from Vega® Omega Oil Blend, this is a nutritious salad rich that could be a staple in any plant-based diet.
- Sustainability Salad Ingredients
- 1 lbs potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups in-season local produce of your choice
- 3 cups local greens, rinsed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper
- Spicy Mustard Dressing Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
Sustainability Salad Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake potatoes on a cookie sheet for 20-30 minutes or until they are baked through and slightly crispy.
- If you want to bake your local veggies, prepare as necessary and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to potatoes for the last 10-15 minutes depending on desired results.
- Toss greens in desired amount of Spicy Mustard Dressing.
- Assemble greens and vegetables on a plate.
Spicy Mustard Dressing Preparation
- Mix all ingredients well. Mix well before each use.