Move over burgers. It’s time to make space on your grill for a salad. Not just any grilled veggie salad, but a Grilled Caesar Salad. Not only does grilled romaine make a mean looking salad, but it tastes delightfully smoky. Don’t knock it until you rock it!
- 3 romaine hearts
- Caesar Dressing :
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds (soaked 2 to 3 hours in hot water)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp light miso
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Garlic Croutons :
- Stale loaf of bread
- Olive oil, as needed
- Sea salt, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- A great way to use up your not-so-fresh bread is to make croutons. Cut up bread into 1/2in. cubes.
- Throw in a bowl and toss with some olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder. Season to your taste.
- Place cubes on baking sheet and bake until crispy 15-20 min at 350F.
Grill Your Lettuce
- Clean off outside leaves and cut the romaine heart lengthwise down the center, leaving the core intact.
- Brush cut side lightly with olive oil and place down on grill until grill marks appear–about 2 minutes.
Assemble Your Salad
- Place romaine hearts on plate and drizzle with dressing.
- You can add a bit of water to loosen the dressing if needed. Top with garlic croutons.