I’ve found another use for those Mason jars. On-the-go smoothie bowls! Yes, that’s a smoothie bowl, in a Mason jar, on-the-go. Exciting, right? I know I’m excited about it. Feel my excitement by trying this Strawberry Banana Lemon Smoothie in Mason jar recipe!
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen bananas (or 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup ice)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Topping: granola, sliced frozen strawberries and sliced fresh or frozen banana
Add 1/4 cup almond milk and Vanilla Vega® Essentials to blender, blending until combined.
Add strawberries, banana and lemon juice, blending until combined, adding more almond milk as required (you want this smoothie to be thick so add in small increments).
Layer Mason Jar with granola, strawberries and banana, and smoothie. Top with another layer of granola, strawberries and banana.
Grab a spoon and enjoy or toss the lid on and take it with you to on-the-go.
Option: Turn this into a smoothie by increasing your almond milk to 1 cup and blending as directed, omitting toppings.