Want to impress someone special? These vegan chocolate truffles are sure to do the trick! Try any of the three variations (coconut, cinnamon or cranberry) or roll them in whatever you fancy.
- Truffle Ingredients:
- 1 cup of whole nuts (cashews, walnuts, etc., your choice)
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- (optional) 2 Tbsp Vega® Maca
- Optional Toppings:
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon combined with Tbsp Vega® Maca
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped small
- Grind nuts in a food processor, until fine
- Add dates and blend until smooth (scraping sides of the food processor into middle as needed)
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined
- Roll mixture into balls
- Lay topping out on a piece of parchment paper or cutting board.
- Roll the balls in the desired topping before chilling. If you chose cranberries, push them into the ball as you roll to ensure even distribution
- Serve chilled (from the fridge — not the freezer).
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer and transfer to the fridge 1 to 2 hours before serving.