Chef Morgan has been spicing up the Vega kitchen with her fall-inspired dishes. Bold flavors come together in this hearty Moroccan Stew.
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 tsp fresh turmeric, minced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat coconut oil in a soup pan. Sauté onion until translucent. Add in eggplant and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until soft.
Add garlic, ginger and turmeric, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground cumin and coriander, and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
Using hands, crush whole tomatoes and add into pot with chickpeas and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer stew for 20 to 30 minutes until cauliflower is tender.