“If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.” – Remy, Ratatouille.
This traditional French dish makes a lovely main entrée, served on a bed of fluffy brown rice, for a meal made just of the good stuff. Or enjoy ratatouille as a side with a lentil loaf and gluten-free bread. If you’re craving more protein, add a cup of chickpeas.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, cut into large dice
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lb eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn in half
- ½ cup Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add in eggplant and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Add in canned tomatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in bell peppers and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Blend basil and parsley with Vega Antioxidant Oil to make herb oil.
Serve ratatouille with herb oil poured on top.