Our Key Lime Pie Smoothie is topped with a delicious coconut whipped cream to kick off the official arrival of warm weather. We whipped up this pie-meets-smoothie creation in celebration of all the bounty and freshness of Spring and early Summer. This lime smoothie is not only fresh and tart, but the added coconut whipped cream makes it decadent too. This is a perfect smoothie to sit back with, enjoy the sunshine, and contemplate the warmer months ahead.
Handcrafted smoothie glass designed by Artist Ted Jolda of Circle Craft
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 serving French Vanilla Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp key lime juice
- Zest of 1 key lime
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- Toppings: Crushed vegan, gluten-free gingersnaps or graham crackers, optional: Vegan coconut whipped topping (see below)
- Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Add all key lime pie smoothie ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top smoothie with coconut whipped cream and crushed gingersnaps or graham crackers.
Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
- Place unopened can in the fridge overnight
- Open (without shaking)
- Remove the top, thick layer of coconut milk and place in a bowl (reserve the liquid on the bottom for another recipe)
- Whip until creamy