Quickly cooked greens bring just the right amount of freshness into this warm spice dish. This vegan yellow split pea soup is one of our favorite go-to recipes on a cold winter day. Want to level up your soup? Try making your own homemade vegetable broth with your leftover veggies for a full circle soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup yellow split peas, soaked
- 3 1/2-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb spinach or swiss chard, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Season with sea salt to taste
Mix, heat, enjoy!