- Muffin Ingredients :
- 1¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 serving French Vanilla Vega One® All-In-One Shake
- 1 cup room temperature almond milk
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½- 2 cups diced apples (Granny Smith or Macintosh work well)
- Streusel Topping :
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter
- Handful chopped candied ginger
- Handful chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with silicone liners.
Note: Once fully cooled these muffins can be stored in an airtight container and frozen for use at a later date.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon and Vega One®. Once combined set aside.
In a separate bowl mix together almond milk, apple sauce and apple cider vinegar.
Add wet ingredients and dry ingredients, diced apple and gently fold together. Keep a few lumps in the batter and avoid over mixing to prevent the muffins from getting too tough. Set aside while you make streusel topping.
Make streusel topping: Combine flour, coconut sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt together. Cut in softened butter until mixed. The streusel should be crumbly.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Top with streusel. Top with a sprinkle of chopped candied ginger and chopped nuts. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove muffins from tin to a cooling rack after 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately!