- Cashew Cheese Ingredients :
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 3 probiotic capsules or 1.5 teaspoons probiotic powder
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅛ onion, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Canape Ingredients :
- 20-25 Toasted gluten free bread rounds, or gluten-free crackers
- 1-2 Tbsp Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
- 3-4 fresh figs, sliced into eighths
- 1-2 Tbsp reduced balsamic vinegar
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, removed from stems and chopped
- Prepared cashew cheese (recipe above)
Cashew Cheese Instructions
- Blend cashews, probiotics and water in a food processor or high-speed blender until very smooth.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and place in a bowl. Pour cashew mixture in sieve and cover with a clean cloth. Leave on countertop at room temperature for 14 to 16 hours.
- Combine cheese mixture with remaining ingredients.
- Keep cashew cheese in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Brush the tops of your canapé base (toasted bread or crackers) with Vega Antioxidant Omega Oil
- Spread each base with a heaping teaspoon of cashew cheese, top with a slice of fig and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately.