Looking for something a little more exciting than your everyday mashed potato? Cauliflower is 2014’s top veggie, so we whipped up this cauliflower creation to celebrate. Once you’ve had this creamy vegan mashed cauliflower recipe packed with all the benefits of a full-spectrum of plant-based Omegas in our Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend, you’ll be bidding the humble potato goodbye!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- ½ - 1 Tbsp Vega® Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy alternative
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional Additions: Roasted garlic, fresh chives or herbs, nutritional yeast, cayenne
In a saucepan with a steamer insert, bring an inch of water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets to the steam basket and lower heat to a simmer. Allow cauliflower to cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until fork tender.
Add cauliflower, Antioxidant Omega Oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper to a blender and pulse until desired texture. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.