Show your grill some plant-based love. These savory burgers are quick to make and delicious for all BBQ attendees.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalepeno, finely diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1½ cups black beans, drained and mashed
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown rice flour, as needed
Over medium heat sauté onion, garlic, jalapeno and red pepper in oil until softened. Add kale and cook until softened.
Combine all ingredients together to form dough. Add brown rice flour as a binder, if needed.
Shape dough into 6 burger patties and lightly dust with brown rice flour.
Fry in a small amount of oil until golden on each side or bake for 20 minutes at 400 F.
Optional: finish burgers on the grill and serve in gluten-free bun.