Fresh, homemade almond milk is easy to make from scratch. Paired with raw granola and you have a nutrient dense breakfast: filled with nuts, fruit, and lightly sweetened with an apple and date puree.
- Raw Granola:
- 3/4 cup dates, soaked in 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw agave syrup
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked 3 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 3 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almonds, soaked 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked 3 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup dried gogi berries
- 1/2 cup dried raisins
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp orange zest (from one large orange)
- 2 tsp Vega® Chlorella
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Raw Almond Milk:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 cups water
- 2 large dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine the dates, ½ cup water, agave nectar, apple, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract, salt, cholera powder and ¼ cup almonds seeds in a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until very smooth. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the remaining almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds in the food processor and pulse a few times until roughly chopped.
- Remove and add to the agave nectar mixture.
- Stir together and add the chopped goji berries and raisins.
- Spread mixture on a teflex-lined dehydrator tray. Set dehydrator to 115 F and dry for 7-8 hours.
- Remove from teflex-lined tray and place granola back on screens. Continue to dry at 115 for an additional 8 to 12 hours until crunchy. Break into pieces and enjoy!
Raw Almond Milk:
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water.
- Soak the almonds in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Drain the water from the almonds, rinse thoroughly and discard.
- Add the almonds to a high-powered food processor or blender with the water, and dates. Blend until smooth.
- Using a nut-milk bag or fine colander lined with cheesecloth, strain the blended almond mixture.
- Will keep for 3 days in the fridge. Enjoy with raw granola.