Take yourself, your family and all your friends on a trip to the fall fair with these pumpkin mini donuts. You’ll love making this crowd pleasing, easy recipe so much you may find yourself taking a taste trip to the fall fair all year ‘round.
Makes 24 mini or 12 regular donuts.
- Donut Ingredients :
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend leaving measured coconut oil out on the counter as you prep the other ingredients to soften it)
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
- 1¾ cup gluten-free vanilla cake mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp ginger, + 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease donut pans with a small amount of coconut oil.
Whisk vinegar, non-dairy milk, pumpkin and coconut oil.
Mix cake mix, Protein & Greens, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
Add dry into wet ingredients, folding in lightly until combined (be careful not to over mix. I was tempted by my mixer the first time I made these and mixing escalated too quickly resulting in hard donut pucks).
The batter will be thick. Spoon into each donut mold until 3/4 full (this will allow for some expansion room).
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Every oven is different; I recommend setting your timer for 10 minutes and checking with a toothpick every minute or two from there. They’ll be done when the toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 min in the donut pan. Once cool remove and place on cooling rack until completely cooled (approximately 10 minutes).
Make cinnamon sugar topping: melt coconut oil in a large bowl and set aside. Add sugar and spices to a re-sealable bag and shake until combined.
One at a time, flip cooled donuts in melted coconut oil.
Toss coated donut in a reusable bag with cinnamon sugar until coated.
Place back on cool rack until all donuts coated.
Serve! I recommend serving 3 mini donuts in a small, white paper bag for the full fall fair experience.