Looking for a muffin that is gluten free and contains more protein than your average baked good? Check out our GF Banana Protein Muffins which use Vega® Protein & Greens and chia seeds to not only give this muffin some added nutrition, but also taste great! Get creative with flavoring by adding in some warming spices, blueberries or even nuts and seeds.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup Vega® Protein & Greens Vanilla
- 3 tsp gluten-free and aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds
- ½ cup filtered water
- 4 bananas, mashed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil + preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
2. Combine chia seeds in a bowl with filtered water and set aside. By the time you prepare the other ingredients, chia seeds will have taken a gelatinous texture.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, Vega® Protein & Greens Vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a smaller bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup and chia seeds mixture. Add mashed bananas and a squeeze of lemon.
5. Pour into the dry ingredients.
6. Add carob chips, mix till combined and scoop. Do not over mix
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from muffin tray. Wait until cooled to enjoy.