Whether you’re craving a tuna sandwich, want a quick lunch wrap, or are serving canapés, vegan tuna salad (made with chickpeas) is here!
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 finely diced pickles
- ½ cup vegan mayo (alternatively you can use 1 avocado mashed or ½ cup hummus)
- 1 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of cayenne and garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Place chickpeas in food processorand pulse a few times until roughly chopped. If you do not have a food processor, mash chickpeas slightly with a fork.
In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients with chickpeas.
Serve on bread, on a romaine lettuce leaf, or in a collard wrap.