Didn’t think clean eating involved ice cream sandwiches, did you? This quinoa ice cream sandwich recipe is a mere taste of recipes and tools you’ll discover as you explore your personalized Thrive Forward program.
- Maca Chip Quinoa Cookies:
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy-free non-dairy butter (such as Earth Balance spread)
- 1/2 cup raw organic almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup rice flour (brown preferred)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 bar (broken into chunks or 1/4 cup organic chocolate pieces - 70% cacao preferred) Vega® Maca Chocolate
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
Preheat oven to 350°F.
With a whisk, blend maple syrup, soy-free non-dairy spread, almond butter and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until well incorporated.
Combine rice flour, quinoa flakes, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Add to wet mixture a little at a time and mix until well blended.
Add Vega® Maca chocolate chunks.
Drop round tablespoon sized portions about two inches apart onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle tops with hemp seeds.
Bake for 15–18 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool for at least one minute before removing from cookie sheet.
Once cooled, use your favorite vegan ice cream to finish off the ice cream sandwiches.