You really can’t go wrong with these cookies. We’ve taken a basic oatmeal raisin breakfast cookie, and pumped it up with Vega One® All-in-One Shake. Use the coconut flour and chocolate chips if you like them a bit sweeter, or use the spelt flour and raisins for a not-too-sweet breakfast cookie. Play around with the quantities and ingredients…as long as it comes out looking like a cookie, success! Now you have an excuse to get baking AND eat cookies for breakfast. You’re welcome.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cranberries (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 6-8 dates (soaked 1 to 2 hours) (save soaking liquid and use for water to thin out dough if too dry)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water (more as needed if dough is too dry, up to 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking trays with parchment paper or Silpat non-stick baking mat.
In small bowl, combine ground flax and water and let sit for 5 min.
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, mash banana and add remainder of wet ingredients (including flax and water).
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. Add water as needed if dough is too dry.
Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
Take a small handful of dough (1/4 cup) and form into cookie shape and place on baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly before baking.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.