This zesty salad is a delicious, hearty side served warm or cold. Whether you’re bringing a side for a dinner with friends, or need to pack your lunch for work tomorrow, make now to enjoy now and later!
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbso extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice, to taste
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea salt to taste
Rinse lentils well (removing any rocks or debris) and place in medium saucepan with vegetable broth or water.
Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low, until lentils are just barely simmering. Cook lentils until tender, approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While lentils are cooking, chop onions, tomatoes, cucumber and parsley. Prep olives and add all ingredients to a large bowl.
Prepare dressing by mixing olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
Once lentils are cooked, drain to remove any excess liquid and add them to bowl of prepped ingredients.
Add dressing and stir well to combine. Add salt and extra lemon juice to taste.
Enjoy warm or chilled!