Recipe created by: Ned Bell, Executive Chef at YEW Seafood + Bar
Enjoy this fresh, local blueberry and quinoa salad from Executive Chef, Ned Bell. At the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, Ned uses local British Columbia blueberries to stay connected with his Canadian roots. This blueberry quinoa salad is packed with antioxidants, protein and delicious flavor for a refreshing and nutritious summer dish.
- 2-3 cups cooked quinoa (red, black or golden)
- ¼ cup fresh local blueberries
- ¼ each or dried local blueberries
- 1 Tbsp chia seed
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp hemp seed
- ¼ cup each of raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of raw nuts (almonds, cashews or walnuts)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or birch syrup
- 2 Tbsp Vega® Omega Oil Blend
Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!