If you don’t have time for both coffee and breakfast, why not blend them both together in a smoothie? Spicy and rich, this recipe contains sweet potato, a source of antioxidant vitamin C. This blend is perfect for cooler spring mornings or when you want a new, easy way to add Vitamin C to your diet (or both!).
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based beverage
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cold brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup cooked sweet potato flesh (from about 1/2 of a small, roasted sweet potato)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 scoop French Vanilla Vega One® Organic All-in-One Shake
- or 1/2 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla
- Small handful of ice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until completely smooth and frothy (about 1 minute).