Hummus, that tastes like chocolate? I know it sounds a little out of the ordinary, but I promise your guests will love this chocolate hummus. Transform this appetizer favorite into a delicious dessert dip—it’s much less messy than fondue. Want to start your day with chocolate? Use it in place of a popular chocolate hazelnut spread to top pancakes, waffles, or crepes.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (about half of a 453 g/16 oz container)
- 3 1/2 to 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp peanut butter or tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 Tbsp neutral vegetable oil (like canola or grapeseed)
In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days.