Warm up with a hot bowl of ramen noodles. Chef Morgan has created two versions for you to experiment with in your own kitchen. Slurp on!
- Broth Option 1: Butternut Squash Miso Broth
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 cups water
- ½ Tbsp miso paste
- ½ inch grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- Broth Option 2: Mushroom Broth
- 4 cups water
- ½ oz kombu (approximately one large piece)
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms (approximately 8 dried mushrooms)
- 2 green onion, only whites, chopped
- Splash of soy sauce
- Splash of rice wine vinegar
- Topping Options :
- 2 80 gm packages rice ramen noodles, cooked
- 4 green onions, greens chopped and whites reserved for broth
- 2 sheets toasted nori, cut in half
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ¼ medium daikon radish, shredded
- ½ package organic tofu, cut thin
- Garlic chili sauce, for dipping
Broth Option 1
- Bring butternut squash, water, ginger and garlic to a boil.
- Simmer until soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Puree until smooth with miso paste.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
Broth Option 2
- Bring water, kombu, green onions and shiitake mushrooms to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms, kombu and green onions. Mushrooms can be used for topping. Discard kombu and scallions.
- Add in soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
Serve noodles in broth and top with desired toppings with chili sauce on the side.