Fennel makes a surprising and yet refreshing pairing with blackberries and lime. Slightly savory, and tangy, this drink is a rich source of antioxidants, particularly vitamin C. Fennel is also a good source of fiber, folate, and potassium. Blackberries are in season through the summer and late fall, most commonly found in the Pacific Northwest.
This berry smoothie recipe comes in at under 200 calories (when made with Vega® Protein Smoothie), and combined with fennel, contains 3 servings of vegetables and greens. Beat that, morning munchies...
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup frozen, or fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup diced, raw fennel (bulb)
- Juice from ½ fresh lime
- 1 serving Natural or French Vanilla Vega One® All-in-One Shake
- OR 1 serving of Vanilla Vega® Protein Smoothie
- 3 ice cubes (4 if using fresh berries)
Add liquid ingredients to the blender first (coconut water and lime juice), and Vega One® All-in-One Shake.
Add fennel, blackberries and ice.
Blend on high until smooth.