Ginger snap cookies are always a holiday favorite. Slightly crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside, these sweet and spicy cookies will fill your kitchen with all the fragrances reminiscent of winter.
- 2 cups purpose flour (gluten-free version: 1/2 cup ground oat flour, or 1 1/2 cups almond or gluten free flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Silk® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Sugar Topping:
- 2 Tbsp coarse sugar (turbinado or demerrera)
- 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger, finely minced
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift together gluten-free flour, coconut and brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
In a separate smaller bowl, mix melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla and molasses.
Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well blended. It should form into a moist ball of dough. If not, add one teaspoon of water, one teaspoon at a time until dough consistency is reached.
Form dough into small balls and roll in sugar topping. Place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your hand or the bottom of a drinking glass.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
Stir together (or pulse in food processor) sugar and crystallized ginger together and set aside.
Remove cookies from pan and cool slightly for five minutes. Top with coarse sugar and crystallized ginger mixture. Enjoy!