Prep the ingredients for these camping fajitas before you hit the road, and you’ll have a quick meal to whip up after you set up camp.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 package of tofu, cut into long strips
- 3 Tbsp tamari or soysauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Cilantro Sauce:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 8 small or 4 large tortilla shells
- Combine onion, peppers, mushrooms and tofu in a large re-sealable bag or glass container. Add in tamari (or soy), paprika and cumin.
- In a food processor, combine all cilantro sauce ingredients and put into a sealable container.
- Pack tortillas.
To make camping meal:
- Over a fire or on the BBQ, heat a cast-iron pan, add in a small amount of oil and cook until the veggies are tender.
- Serve veggies in tortillas and top with cilantro sauce.