Serves 2 | 50 Minute Prep Time
Have you tried making delicious, crisp sweet potato fries as home, only to create a pan-full of soggy strips? Chef Morgan’s method for baked sweet potato fries involves two trips to the oven — one to cook the yam through and a second to crisp the exterior.
- 1 large yam
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (or your favorite seasonings)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Leaving the skin on, cut the yam into ½ inch strips
- Coat yam fries with olive oil and desired seasoning, spread in an even layer on a cookie sheet
- Bake in pre-heated oven until soft (10 to 15 minutes)
- Remove the fries from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Increase the temperature to 400°F
- Return the fries to the oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, (5 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through)