Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Strategic Account Manager. The responsibilities of this position involve developing and growing Vega’s strategic accounts and delivering growth targets through merchandising goals, marketing campaigns, promotions and new product acceptance and placement. This position will lead Vega’s efforts and business development within Shoppers, Rexall, and Health First. The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of strategic account management experience with an eye for promotional and trade-spend analysis.
You take sales seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
Strategic Account Development
- Meet/over-deliver assigned forecast targets
- Develop and execute club specific joint-business plans that align with corporate and customer specific goals and objectives
- Create and execute promotions based on ROI, historical performance, and consumption data
- Develop club specific product launch plans and presentations that align with corporate and customer specific objectives
- Understand importance of marketplace pricing & ensure clubs follow recommend pricing guidelines and adhere to MAP
- Develop best-in-class business relationships with each customer. Provide leadership as a trusted business-partner
- Attend customer specific trade shows/national meetings as required (minimum of two per year)
- Accurately forecast sales in units and dollars and provide monthly updates to the Operations teams and other internal stakeholders
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage trade spend budgets to achieve sales target without overspending
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to include Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing
- Spend minimum of 1-2 days per quarter in Toronto meeting with and partnering with internal teams on club specific business plans and opportunities
- Travel is required as each Customer HQ is situated throughout the country
- Prepare and participate in weekly 1-1 meetings with Director of Sales, Canada and Canadian Sales Team
- Participate in all required conference calls for team and company
- Submit all expenses and receipts in a timely manner and as directed by the company
- Manage business and responsibilities within assigned expense budgets includes managing own travel planning and budgeting
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining a record or filing system for all pertinent information that applies to the job and for each account.
- Ability to consistently, effectively and professionally communicate in writing and directly with all others involved with the responsibilities of the job.
- Responsible for properly maintaining all assigned company equipment Strategic Account Development
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of strategic account management experience working with corporate category managers/buyers at key/strategic customers within the Food, Drug, Mass, and Club Channels
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience required
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and performance versus goals/targets
- Strong analytical skills and experience required, including experience with Nielsen and/or IRI
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, and ability to solve problems a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Negotiation and effective presentation skills are critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Position is field based, work from home
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Strategic Account Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.