Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Senior Procurement Analyst at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for working with suppliers on all things raw materials: forecasting, maintaining supply (contracting, etc.), purchasing and managing inventory levels. In this role, you will work with cross functional teams at Vega to prevent and resolve day to day supply challenges and track cost initiatives.
You have a passion for procurement and take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Maintain raw material volume forecast with consideration to multiple formulations and changing forecasts
- Regularly communicate volume forecasts with ingredient suppliers
- Work within a complex supply chain with many moving parts
- Prevent supply issues with ingredient suppliers, manufacturing and internal stakeholders to ensure continuous production
- Participate as a key player in contract needs recognition, negotiations, decisions and implementation
- Track and report supplier scorecard data
- Communicate ingredient price and supplier changes
- Support costing models for finished products
- Resolve price discrepancies between purchase order and invoice
- Generate Purchase Order History reports and analyze monthly and annual spend
- Identify cost savings opportunities
- Generate forecasts and analyze future spend
- Monitor vendor management process, to ensure compliance and performance
- Maintain and enhance positive working relationships with suppliers and fellow Vegatopians
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related concentration
- 3 – 5 Years of purchasing experience (food industry/CPG and international preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a Finance/Operations role
- Experience creating forecasts and working through reconciliations and invoice discrepancies
- Experience working in the manufacturing environment, working in partnership with external vendors and suppliers
- Experience working with an ERP software, Netsuite preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Access
- Analytical, self-starter with a proactive approach to all work
- Ability and desire to problem solve
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across all departments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a high-paced, changing environment
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Sr Procurement Analyst” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.