Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists as a Senior Copywriter at VEGA on an 18 month contract. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Marketing team in developing concepts and writing copy across a broad range of projects, from packaging, to brand guidelines, naming, product concepts, claims and brand positioning. You will support the strategy and execution of projects of various scales and across a variety of media.
The creative team develops core stories and visual assets for powerful and consistent brand expression. These are the fundamentals. As brand stewards, we are guides and instructors in the brand voice and identity so that others can be experts within their own marketing spaces. We teach, guide and execute the language so that our brand can communicate more effectively.
- Develop concepts and write copy across a broad range of projects, from packaging, to brand guidelines, naming, product concepts, claims and brand positioning.
- Generates ideas and leads brainstorming and collaborates with other members of the creative team. Helps structure and create winning presentations.
- Presents and leads copy conversations with marketing teammates and helps find solutions to challenges. Leads claim work.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of brand guidelines.
- Serves as the copy lead within the department, collaborating with the creative director to recommend and implement best practices.
- Responsible for copy accuracy and understanding within the guidelines of the various types of projects, so must be a subject matter expert as well.
- Understand Vega’s regulatory and legal guidelines that inform the work.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a creative copywriting role
- Must have experience in ad agency, design or in-house studio
- Ability to generate creative ideas and lead brainstorming sessions amongst cross-functional teams
- Passion for communicating the brand story and guiding others throughout the brand journey
- Experience supporting the strategy and execution of projects of various scales and across a variety of media
- Proven ability to act as a strong business partner across all areas of the business
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent grammar and communication
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and large amounts of autonomy
- Ability to multitask among a multitude of projects and responsibilities on quick turn timelines
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contract Completion Bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Fitness Subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you APPLY HERE
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.