Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Senior Assistant Brand Manager. Reporting to the Brand Manager, Nutrition/Wellness you will be responsible for driving the development and execution of brand strategy across all aspects of the business, including innovation & renovation, financial management, marketing communications planning and tactical execution of plans. This candidate will lead a segment of the Nutrition/Wellness portfolio & assist in driving overall portfolio growth. The role requires driving projects from concept to commercialization, with consumer insights, analytical evaluation of opportunities, and hands on management of multiple projects in various stages of development.
During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
Innovation & Renovation
- Lead cross functional teams to drive execution of new product launches & renovations including development of business cases, product design and go to market strategies
- Lead internal creative team to develop packaging and consumer messaging while managing packaging approve process with legal, regulatory, and other stakeholders
- Partner in development of sales presentations and tool kits
- Lead campaign development including building out campaign briefs, providing feedback to creative teams and identifying KPIs to track against performance
- Assist in development of owned content, such as, brand website, social, blogs, etc.
- Liaise with consumer education teams on key brand initiatives, educate on product features, and support Q&A development
Analytics & Reporting
- Responsible for monthly consumption data analytics and reporting. Working with analytic platforms like IRI, Nielsen, and aggregators such as Tableau.
- Conduct competitive, category, and company performance reviews to support development of business strategies
- Assist in identifying business challenges and opportunities and driving action plans.
- Lead a segment of the Nutrition/Wellness product portfolio & assist in driving overall portfolio growth
- Manage the marketing budget with various budget owners (forecasting, PO creation)
- Leading and interfacing with cross-functional teams to execute various planned and adhoc projects
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field required
- 3+ years work experience in a similar brand/marketing role
- At least 1-2 rotations in an Assistant Brand Manager position
- Experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry is a significant asset
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to pull out key, meaningful insights.
- Experience with syndicated like IRI & Nielsen, an Knowledge of P&L mechanics required.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Well organized with project management skills, able to lead cross functional teams
- Performance-driven and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Proactive and always looking for opportunities to take initiative and improve both for the company and yourself
- Goal-oriented, known for your integrity and always do what you say you will
- A team player with ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Assistant Brand Manager” on the subject line and tell us why you’d be a great add for our Brand team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.