Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Retention and Email Marketing Specialist at Vega. Reporting to the Manager, Direct to Consumer eCommerce, you will be responsible for leading the retention and email marketing efforts and performance of the direct-to-consumer eCommerce channel for Vega within the US and Canada: Myvega.com and Myvega.ca. Day to day, you will lead and execute email marketing using Klaviyo, affiliate program, SMS marketing using Klaviyo, and a robust loyalty program. This role will supervise a Digital Marketing Co-op student and will be supported by a Digital Marketing Coordinator.
This position is open to remote candidates within Canada. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Lead and manage email marketing using Klaviyo, SMS using Klaviyo, loyalty, and affiliate marketing with the support of the Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Collaborate with brand and creative teams for crafting email campaigns congruent with Vega brand guidelines
- Collaborate within the Direct to Consumer team to execute DTC promotions such as discounts, surveys, and contests
- Research best in class digital marketing practices and raise opportunities with the direct Digital Marketing team
- Oversee and supervise a Digital Marketing Co-Op student
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or marketing diploma equivalent experience required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in email marketing
- High proficiency with Email marketing using Klaviyo – Manage the design, scheduling, segmenting, and QA testing of weekly email blasts and email flows with some support from the Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task, manage multiple campaigns at once, and prioritize in response to issues as they arise
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Retention and Email Marketing Specialist” on the subject line and tell us why you’d be a great add for our eCommerce team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.