Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging contract position exists as a Recruiter at Vega’s HeadOffice in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, the Recruiter will be responsible for managing the end-to-end recruitment process to ensure we are attracting and hiring the best talent to become Vegatopians. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about the Vega brand, have 3-4 years of experience in full cycle Recruitment with experience sourcing top talent within North America, building talent pipelines and working cross-functionally with hiring managers and agencies. You must have the ability to multi-task and have the desire to work on a variety of roles across all departments at any given time.
You are serious about sourcing the industry’s best talent, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Manage the full recruitment cycle including posting positions, sourcing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding employees throughout North America
- Act as the subject matter expert on all matters regarding the recruitment process and implement best practices
- Lead initiatives that will improve recruiting and selection process to enhance the candidate experience and deliver top quality talent
- Proactively source candidates through various methods and build network of prospective future Vegatopians
- Partner with managers and senior leadership to understand talent acquisition needs and challenges and develop strategies to address
- Provide full support to hiring managers during the recruitment process, developing strong working relationships and exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Act as the “cultural filter” to maintain Vega’s unique and award-winning culture by ensuring that we are hiring for diversity of thought and a growth mindset
- Leverage technology, recruitment trends, and social media to source candidates through non-traditional approaches
- Manage relationships and process with outside recruitment agencies where required
- Foster cultural of diversity and inclusion throughout recruitment process and hiring decisions
- Develop and implement strategies to grow our talent pipeline, including ways to identify, attract, hire and retain top talent
- As part of the People & Culture department, contribute positively to the Vega culture and implement programs to achieve our mission of empowering Vegatopians to thrive
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-4 years of full-cycle recruitment experience, with a deep understanding of sourcing and building talent pipelines is required
- Business Degree or Diploma specializing in Human Resources Management or suitable combination of education and experience
- Highly passionate about finding top talent, with experience recruiting multiple positions in both Canada the US
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and ATS systems
- Knowledge and proficiency with LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed and other third party sites
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring high degree of accuracy in all communication and paperwork
- Well established relationship management skills
- Solid administrative and organizational skills
- Superior ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Expert multi-tasker with the ability to work on multiple projects/assignments and changing priorities
- Goal-oriented spirit with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Recruiter” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.