Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting opportunity exists as a Procurement Assistant (part-time) at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement you will be responsible for reviewing inventory reports, identifying potential risks and liabilities, performing daily operations tasks and ad-hoc requests as required.
This role is best suited to someone that enjoys detail-oriented work, has an interest in Operations and would like to gain some exposure into the world of Procurement.
During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Review inventory reports from warehouses and co-man sites
- Work collaboratively with procurement team members to identify potential oversupply issues
- Issuing POs & SOs to move inventory within the network to reduce potential liabilities
- Assisting in fulfillment of co-mans requests (providing COAs, packing slips, requesting credits, receiving paperwork)
- Fulfilling & billing out sales orders for R&P
- Issuing DAFs & non-stock POs for obsolete inventory
- Resolving invoice discrepancies for AP
- Providing support to R&I to get samples for potential shelf life extensions
- Assist in receiving of FG inventory
- Ad-hoc projects & reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Highly detail oriented
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with fellow Vegatopians
- College/University Degree in Business or related field considered an asset
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- Paid vacation
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to Recruitment (adp.com) and tell us why you’d be a great add for our Operations team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.