Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Office Champion at our Vega HQ in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to Head of People and Culture, the Office Champion is responsible for the administration, coordination and management of all office tasks including shipments, ordering supplies and welcoming visitors, new hires and employees. You will also lead employee initiatives (Spirit Squad committee) with fun and integrity and foster our unique Vega culture. This role is ideal for those who are efficient, self-disciplined and organized and those who consider themselves to be true team players. You are also an excellent multi-tasker and passionate about providing a high level of service to a variety of stakeholders (all Vegatopians, the senior leadership team, external visitors, etc.).
- Office management: Coordinate shipments & mail, manage conference rooms & common areas, order office supplies & food, welcome visitors, answers general inquires via emails/calls & transfer appropriately, be the point of contact with the with Property Management Company, manage proactively maintenance budgets and ensure a safe, sanitize and secure environment.
- Administration: Maintain distribution list updated, help with onboarding of new hires, manage staff product orders, suggest new policies to ensure a great place to work, be a key player in coordinating the annual general & sales meeting and send companywide updates and communication.
- Contract management: follow company process regarding contract signatures (via DocuSign), ensure all document are submitted by the business owner and save all required information in the central storage location and follow-up on any unsigned/missing documents.
- Spirit Squad: Champion of the employee-led committee by coordinating events & activities (internal annual celebrations/traditions & wellbeing and fitness calendar) to bring our VEGATOPIANS together.
- Senior Leadership Team: Support the executive members with administrative needs (as needed) such as coordinating meetings, maintain and update the corporate calendar, helping with expense accounts and scheduling travel and special events
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in an Office Administrator or Administrative support-based role in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy work pace while picking up new tasks quickly
- Self-driven to improve processes & propose new initiatives for a better collectivity
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Robust IT knowledge and competencies (MS office, emails, video conferencing)
- Positive team player, conscientious and enthusiastic are mandatory!
- Passionate about the Vega brand and culture
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Having access to a car (active driver license) is required
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RSP Matching program
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Champion” on the subject line. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.