Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging remote position exists for a National Channel Manager. Reporting to the Head of Sales, Canada, this position is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies, achieving monthly sales targets, and initiating and maintaining ongoing relationships with existing and potential customers on a national scope. For this role, we are seeking those who have strong leadership capabilities, experience in negotiating and forecasting and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets within the retail landscape.
This position is open to local (Vancouver, BC) or remote applicants within Canada. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Meet/over-deliver assigned forecast targets
- Develop and execute channel specific joint-business plans that align with corporate and customer specific goals and objectives
- Create and execute promotions based on ROI, historical performance, and consumption data
- Develop channel specific product launch plans and presentations that align with corporate and customer specific objectives
- Understand importance of marketplace pricing & ensure customers follow recommend pricing guidelines and adhere to AMPS
- Develop best-in-class business relationships with each customer. Provide leadership as a trusted business-partner
- Attend customer specific trade shows/national meetings as required
- Accurately forecast sales in units and dollars and provide monthly updates to the Operations teams and other internal stakeholders
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage trade spend budgets to achieve sales target without overspending
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to include Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of national account management experience working with corporate category managers/buyers at key/strategic customers within the Food, Drug, Mass, and Club Channels
- Minimum of 4 years experience of managing Natural accounts
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience required
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and performance versus goals/targets
- Strong analytical skills and experience required, including experience with Nielsen and/or IRI
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, and ability to solve problems a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Negotiation and effective presentation skills are critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Position is field based, work from home
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RSP Matching program
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Submit your resume to email@example.com with “National Channel Manager – Grocery” on the subject line. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.