Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Master Data Specialist. This role is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and integrity of the organization’s master data (specifically for Item, Customer and Vendor domains, maintenance of data in our GDSN data pools) and to provide support for the maintenance of our ERP and peripheral systems as required. This position plays a key role as a guardian of Vega’s data and advocates for complete and sound data management and process improvements to support this. Reporting to the Manager, Business Analyst and working with various departments throughout the organization, this position would be best matched with someone who has a passion for working with data, has exceptional attention to detail, is highly organized, process oriented, and is a problem solver.
During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Process data requests in accordance with established data governance policies, processes, and guidelines
- Work with key business stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate creation and maintenance of data
- Participate in the development and documentation of data maintenance processes and procedures
- Maintain clear and up-to-date statuses on requests and incidents
- Assist with maintenance of the data within the organizations ERP and supporting systems
- Audit and evaluate systems and processes and recommend improvements to support the accuracy and efficiency of data management
- Under the guidance of the Master Data Analyst, support data quality initiatives and work with functional data stewards/owners to ensure the quality, integrity and completeness of master data is maintained
- Provide training on established processes
- Build effective working relationships with internal staff and external vendors/ contractors
- Create and maintain departmental standard operating procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally you have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Supply Change Management or equivalent experience
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience working with master data/ data management in a CPG or Manufacturing environment
- You have knowledge of GDSN data standards
- Experience with NetSuite considered a strong asset
- Excellent excel skills and strong MS Office skills
- Your organizational and attention to detail skills are top notch
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical, data literacy skills
- Superb communication skills
- Comfortable taking initiative/ proposing improvements when improvements are identified
- Experience with PIM or PXM systems considered an asset
- You can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Flexible, unlimited time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to Recruitment (adp.com) and tell us why you’d be a great add for our IT team. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.