Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting new position exists as a Manager, Sustainability Impact at Vega. Reporting to the Director of Disruptive Innovation, you will be responsible for managing Vega’s holistic sustainability program from marketing and communications, company-wide education, to building and implementing meaningful strategies into the business from end to end. In this role, you will be responsible for building upon and launching Vega’s sustainability strategy across North America with ambitious net-zero targets set for 2030, including Vega’s B Corp certification process and sustainability partnerships. You’ll be responsible for building and executing plans, analyzing Vega’s impact and synthesizing it for executive leaders and the broader business, and you will engage and influence multiple teams from shopper marketing to sales to supply chain. This is an incredible opportunity for those who are excited to take their experience in Sustainability to the next level!
This position is open to applicants within Canada or the US.
- Fully own, lead and optimize Vega’s sustainability strategy that brings our agenda to life across the three pillars of biodiversity, footprint and waste
- Develop both an annual plan as well as build a long-term plan against Vega’s 2030 goals, outlining growth initiatives and investments to accelerate progress
- Partner with cross-functional teams throughout the company to proactively identify, develop and drive long-term strategies while also implementing tangible solutions
- Collaborate with innovation, brand, digital & social, ecommerce and creative teams, as well as and other cross functional partners to create value propositions and positioning for relevant key product stories and sustainability initiatives
- Develop and drive brand strategy across the 3 pillars to build awareness, brand love and fuel business success
- Lead the development and roll-out of sustainability training, engagement and resources across the entire business
- Deeply understand Vega’s consumer segment and related insights, tying together sustainability and the brand
- Manage and coordinate the integrated, cross-functional go-to-market process for impact initiatives to bring brand and product stories to life from brief to concept development to final communication
- Manage B Corp Certification process and implement action plans to meet certification requirements
- Partner with sales teams to bring the Impact vision and programs to life in their markets and at key retailers
- Support cross functional teams on partnerships with suppliers and industry organizations to improve our environmental impact across footprint, waste and biodiversity.
- Drive supply chain improvements and continue to accelerate environmental and social leadership efforts across supply chain
- Lead the scoping, design and execution of annual social impact report and other relevant internal & external reporting holding entire Vega team accountable for achieving set KPIs
- Manage the communication of internal and external reporting of sustainability performance indicators to support the integration of KPIs in business updates, influence decision making, show measurable progress toward overall goals and update on key program areas
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in business or sustainability preferred, Masters degree is an advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in sustainability, corporate environmental and social responsibility management role
- Proven expertise across corporate social responsibility, environmental sustainability, climate, and/or strategy development, with an ability to bring insight and subject matter expertise on sustainability trends, practices, and innovations
- Experience leading an Organization through BCorp certification is highly preferred
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who can navigate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to effect change and create positive impact
- Ability to influence, motivate and inspire across all levels of the organization
- A self-starter, with experience resolving challenges through understanding conflicting inputs, achieving alignment, and proposing go-forward solutions
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RSP Matching program
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Submit your resume to email@example.com with “Manager, Sustainability Impact” on the subject line. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.