Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies in the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
Financial Planning & Analysis, FP&A, is responsible for planning and managing VEGA’s overarching financial performance. FP&A is a team of passionate & dedicated leaders who build solid working relationships & are key business partners in strategic and operational decisions.
We have a fantastic opportunity to learn about a growth oriented Consumer Package Goods (CPG) brand at VEGA and more broadly as a part the Danone Global Family. Every day, we work in cross-functional teams on a broad range of projects. You have the ability to seamlessly ‘zoom in’ to details of excel workbooks and ‘zoom out’ to formulate financial insights to leadership.
You will see the big picture, develop your team, and hone your business and finance acumen to drive the organization & brand forward.
You take customer service seriously while having fun at work with the Vega team! You value integrity, customer service, you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
- The Manager, FP&A, will be responsible for all financial planning activities for Sales Operating Channels, which includes FDM (Food Drug Mass), Online, Club, Natural channels.
- Leading & proactively managing a small & high-performing team of financial analysts in support of team professional development
- Divide time between collaborating with cross-functional partners (Sales, Operations, Logistics, IT), developing the team, and managing the numbers
- Preparing revenue and expense budgets (annual, quarterly, monthly)
- Leading monthly revenue and expense planning process
- Managing monthly variance analysis and rolling reforecast process
- Delivering management reporting and analytics
- Decision support for Sales leadership & business leaders
- Leading & contributing to business cases development
- Responsible for evaluating current and future reporting needs for both internal and external stakeholders
- Perform additional projects, duties, and analysis as required and/or by request.
- Mentor and provide guidance to stakeholders and team members
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive financial analysis and reporting experience with growth oriented business environments, Consumer Packaged Goods industry an asset
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration coupled with CA/CPA, CMA, CGA or MBA
- Experience with financial planning systems is an asset
- Strong financial background & knowledge of financial statements;
- Exceptional analytical and modeling skills
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.