Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Manager for the Direct to Consumer channel at Vega. Reporting to the eCommerce Director, this position will be responsible for driving the performance of Vega’s websites in the US and Canada: Myvega.com and Myvega.ca. Due to the nature of this business, the candidate needs to be equally marketing and sales focused, and keen to continually learning about this quickly evolving space. The person in this role will be the DTC expert, educating all other departments about best practices and how to drive the business forward. The ideal candidate needs to be highly experienced in all facets of digital marketing that will be used to accelerate performance and also has an eye for financial analysis. This role will have two Digital Marketing Specialists reporting into it.
You take work seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Manage Myvega.com and Myvega.ca as an entrepreneurial account manager to drive the strategy, opportunities and KPI’s for this channel (sales, AOV, ROI, Net new customers, conversion, etc)
- Lead the strategy, management and execution for paid search, paid social and display channels to efficiently drive new and repeat customer growth
- Manage sales targets, forecasting, promotions, assortment, and programs (ex. subscription) and web development to achieve KPI’s
- Lead the DTC team, cross-functional teams and agencies to achieve objectives and understand how DTC interacts and helps the rest of the business
- Drive the paid media, SEO, email and affiliate strategies required to acquire and retain consumers
- Own web experience & merchandising – usability, navigation, menus to enhance the consumer experience
- Recommend solutions for website development/maintenance – partners, agencies, etc
- Lead the website needs and liaise with web developer and any other agencies for changes required.
- Project manage the development of needs
- Understand and advocate for the role of DTC in total business and understand impact on other channels; be able to make decisions that beneficial for the entire business. i.e. Understand and educate on how a consumer moves between channels
- Analyze web store analytics for insights – for opportunities to improve DTC performance and to share with other marketing teams to improve consumer engagement
- Work with social media manager and PR and other marketing team to achieve KPIs
- Work with agency partners as needed
- Budgeting – Make recommendations on budgets needed to achieve goals and capitalize on opportunities; manage to approved budgets
- Vocalize needs of DTC including applications, processes, innovation and support to meet objectives
- Manage lifetime value analysis and optimization
- Work with the marketing team to build and optimize digital marketing funnel
- Manage web security, privacy, accessibility, payments
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- 5-7 years managing websites in a DM role
- Strong Leadership and people management skills
- Strong business acumen – ROI analyses, understanding margins, P&Ls, financial impact of opportunities
- Entrepreneurial – treat the DTC channel like a business and raise opportunities to improve performance
- Equally weighted towards Sales and Marketing skills – drive sales and profitability metrics and marketing metrics (engagement, usability, loyalty, etc)
- Exceptionally strong digital marketing skills – email marketing, social, paid media, programmatic
- Strong understanding of website development processes and project management
- Proficient knowledge in: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Google Tag Manager, Shopify,
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms, customer databases, A/B testing, and data analysis
- Experience building high performing paid media campaigns
- Experience working with and managing digital agencies
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humour and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Manager, Direct to Consumer eCommerce” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.