Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists for a Key Account Manager – Drug Channel at Vega situated in either Chicago, Pennsylvania or New York. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Key Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop and grow Vega’s key accounts in the Drug Channel and potentially expand into new business development opportunities. This position will lead Vega’s efforts and business development within the Drug Channel and will be tasked with delivering growth targets through merchandising goals, marketing campaigns, promotions, and new product placements. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of key account management experience working with corporate category managers and buyers at key strategic customers preferably within the Drug Channel and will possess a working knowledge of syndicated data sources, inventory analysis experience, and familiarity with P&L management.
You have a passion for analytics and take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Meet and exceed on assigned drug specific quotas & targets
- Be eager to take on new business development and accounts as the company requires
- Create, execute, and analyze promotions based on ROI, historical performance, and consumption data
- Develop drug channel specific product launch plans and presentations that align with corporate and customer specific objectives
- Understand importance of marketplace pricing & ensure drug channel Customers follow recommended pricing guidelines and adhere to MAP
- Develop best-in-class business relationships with each customer. Provide leadership as a trusted business-partner
- Ability to travel as required for account meetings, trade shows, and internal meetings (some international travel to Canada required)
- Accurately forecast sales in units and dollars and provide monthly updates to the Operations teams and other internal stakeholders
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage trade spend budgets to achieve sales target without overspending
- Actively track, analyze, and action inventory management techniques to ensure optimal practices
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to include Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing
- Prepare and participate in weekly 1-1 meetings with National Sales Manager
- Participate in all required conference calls for team and company
- Submit all expenses and receipts in a timely manner and as directed by the company
- Manage business and responsibilities within assigned expense budgets—includes managing own travel planning and budgeting
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining a record or filing system for all pertinent information that applies to the job and for each account.
- Ability to consistently, effectively and professionally communicate in writing and directly with all others involved with the responsibilities of the job.
- Responsible for properly maintaining all assigned company equipment
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of key account management experience working with corporate category managers/buyers at key/strategic customers, preferably within the Drug Channel
- Position is field based and the candidate can work from home (Chicago or Northeastern location preferred)
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and performance versus goals/targets
- Experience managing a P&L is required
- Knowledge of inventory management is a strong asset
- Strong analytical skills and experience required, including experience with Nielsen and/or IRI (syndicated data sources)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, and ability to solve problems a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Negotiation and effective presentation skills are critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Travel will be required
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual Bonuses
- Open Book Management
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan – Vega 401K
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Parental leave top-up
- Monthly car allowance
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Paid Community Service Day
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your digital portfolio and resume to email@example.com with “Key Account Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.