Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Inside Sales Account Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Inside Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing Vega’s medium retail accounts across Canada and the USA. Day to day, you will manage your list of accounts, work closely with Strategic Account Managers to help support their business and execute growth strategies for your key accounts. As an Inside Sales Account Manager, you take pride in being part of Vega’s Sales Team and manage a large piece of business. You have the ability to build strong relationships with the retailers you manage, and pride yourself on providing world-class customer service.
You have a passion for Sales and take customer service seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Build and maintain an active sales territory effectively increasing sales and product placement
- Deliver customer service and drive sales through inbound and outbound call support
- Develop Tier 1 Account strategies and make recommendations to increase sales within all accounts
- Deliver quarterly/yearly Business Reviews to key stakeholders
- Own your business by delivering monthly Forecasts, promo plans and Trade Investment strategy with your top strategic accounts
- Analyze POS data to identify areas of opportunities and gaps
- Work with Head Office buyers and franchise stores to educate and grow sales within your designated territory
- Creatively utilize Trade Investment to maximize ROI
- Meet or exceed sales goals and targets
- Resolve problems with a high level of customer service, focusing on customer satisfaction
- Provide product education to retailers
- Find creative ways to merchandise Vega within each account
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-4 years of previous experience in a strategic sales or inside sales role
- University or College Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Experience managing and working with various retailers at the Head Office level
- Experience in forecast development, promotional planning and trade strategies an asset
- A relentless passion and drive to deliver world class customer service
- Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience working with BI reporting tools and ERP systems such as Tableau and NetSuite
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Fully bi-lingual in French and English is an asset
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Inside Sales Account Manager” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.