Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the human resources function. Key accountabilities include directing, managing, and ensuring best practice processes are applied in all areas of HR while maintaining Vega’s strong corporate culture and position as top employer. Acting as a trusted advisor and coach to the leadership team at Vega, the successful candidate will utilize their HR expertise and business acumen to deliver HR solutions that effectively meet the needs of the business, manage organizational change and retain an engaged workforce.
- Working closely with the Danone HR Team deliver HR solutions across a variety of HR topics including Leadership Development, Resource Planning, Talent Development & Succession Planning, Performance Management, Reward & Compensation Management, Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement
- As a member of the Vega senior management team, share in the responsibility for overall leadership of Vega, developing short term and long-term strategic talent management solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Co-build business agenda with Vega leadership, including priority setting & engagement planning
- Proactively partner with People Managers to provide coaching and counsel to identify strategic people issues and provide advice to resolve these matters
- Establish and oversee effective recruiting strategy and process to build talent pipelines and attract top talent to Vega for current and future opportunities within the company
- Develop and implement talent management strategy that supports the business objectives and ensures we have the right people in the right place and implement solutions where talent gaps are identified
- Analyze talent and business data to identify trends and implement continuous improvement projects on every level to improve performance, retention and employee experience and drive the business forward
- Develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization to understand business needs and deliver efficient HR solutions to increase employee engagement
- Develop and monitor HR budget, strategy, goals and action plans
- Coach and advise leaders of Vega to facilitate their professional and personal growth and development of future leaders
- Effectively lead and manage HR team to optimize performance, including day-to-day coaching and long-term development
- Ensure compliance with all federal, provincial, and state regulations concerning employment on an ongoing basis in both Canada and the US
Skills and Qualifications
- Business Degree or Diploma specializing in Human Resources Management or suitable combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8+ years of progressive HR experience, including time leading a team
- Experience working in a matrix organization an asset
- Sound knowledge in all HR disciplines including performance management, recruitment, resource planning, compensation, learning & development, and employee engagement
- Experience coaching and influencing at all levels of an organization
- Experience managing payroll and benefits is a very strong asset
- Excellent working knowledge of HR best practices and methodologies
- Strong employee relations experience is required, including conflict resolution, performance improvement, and terminations
- Superior ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently
- Proven ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, interpret data and determine implications, provide recommendations, and effectively resolve.
- Actively develops and maintains a network of external contacts to maintain awareness of HR best practices
- Excellent communications skills and ability to quickly establish credibility and build relationships based on trust
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, methods, and techniques used for compensation and benefits
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to manage directly reporting staff and provide specialized guidance and expertise to all levels of the organization
- Sound project management skills with the ability to shape and implement change
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Human Resources Director” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.