Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Head of Disruptive Innovation at Vega. Reporting to the VP Marketing and leading a cross-functional agile team, you will be responsible for building a pipeline that will drive significant growth for Vega’s future. In this role we are looking for a big-idea thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity and creating their own roadmap. This role will require deep consumer empathy and insights, analytical evaluation of opportunities and understanding the full path to commercialization. You will be responsible for leading, coaching and growing the following team: Sr. Innovation Strategist, Sr. R&D Manager, Sr. Innovation Manager Go-to-Market, Sustainability Manger – as well as be the lead for all external partnerships with suppliers, developers and agencies. This role is all about ‘big ideas’ – so if you are energized about bringing new-to-world ideas to life this role is for you!
- Champion and lead the cross-functional Disruptive Innovation team to create big ideas and develop a long-term innovation funnel that pushes the Vega brand into new spaces
- Change the trajectory of a business through new and unique Innovation strategies that go beyond just products
- Contribute to the marketing function through membership on the Marketing Leadership Team
- Champion products through the Stage Gate process, ensuring alignment with Sr. Leaders throughout the lifecycle of the projects
- Successfully develop talent by driving high performance and a strong team culture
- Lead and execute consumer insights, trend gathering and competitive monitoring to identify opportunities for product Innovation
- Full understanding of the P&L and how to solve for various financial challenges
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, gain senior level alignment
- Influence and persuade across the organization to remove barriers, and engage cross functional teams to ensure projects are successful and timelines are met
- Leverage storytelling and data to persuade senior leaders in the organization to gain support for the Innovation strategy and pipeline
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field; MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in both Brand Management & Innovation roles, within a consumer-packaged goods organization
- Experience working with a plant-based brand is a strong asset
- At least 5 years’ experience leading agile, high performing teams
- Track record of bringing new products to market, from ideation through to commercialization.
- Proven mastery in all aspects of brand management and Innovation (segmentation, positioning, market research and consumer insight development, new product development)
- Strong financial acumen, analytical skills and P&L management experience
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Vega product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Extended Health Plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours (June to September)
- Group RSP Matching program
- Flexible time off
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education fund
- Paid volunteer days
- Virtual fitness classes
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
Let Your Journey Begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Submit your resume to email@example.com with “Head of Disruptive Innovation” on the subject line. Let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.