Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Director, Sales Planning & Strategy at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director of Sales Planning and Strategy will play a key role in the development and execution of Vega’s Strategic Growth Plan. This role will be responsible for leading the Sales Planning Strategy team in developing strategic sales goals and driving the sales planning process for Vega. Day to day, you will create and execute promotions based on ROI and consumption data. You will also develop product launch plans and presentations to align with corporate and customer objectives. This individual will work with cross-functional teams in the areas of channel optimization, product development and pricing and will ensure that the sales team is armed to execute with excellence.
This role is open to remote candidates within Canada. During the exceptional circumstances due to COVID-19, we are currently working virtually while our office remains open for access.
- Develops trade strategies to drive maximum achievement of sales, profit and ROI
- Collaborates with customer teams participating in growth-oriented annual business planning and attends customer meetings as required
- Assists in the development of sales plans for new product and line extensions.
- Manages the necessary tactical revisions to plan to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Works on trade investment and promotions to achieve company objectives; leads post evaluation framework to optimize promotional strategy.
- Provides guidance on the Trade Tool implementation and best practices.
- Provides leadership and best in class sales reporting mechanisms and systems to ensure trade spending effectiveness.
- Works with marketing to ensure that promotional funds as well as strategies and objectives are integrated into the field release and are consistent across business units.
- Maintains a schedule of field contracts to ensure up-to-date knowledge of changes in customer operating philosophy as well as an understanding of field planning capabilities and needs.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal and external teams.
- Develop skill set and play a leadership role in the development of immediate reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Business, Management, Sales or a related field
- 10+ experience in CPG industry in a sales/trade marketing organization
- Experience negotiating and influencing, through communication, large groups or high-level constituents/representatives of an organization
- Performance driven with desire to take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior negotiation and business analysis skills are required
- Demonstrated success in building sales strategy process from request/projection to post event analysis and reconciliation.
- Passion for nutrition and health
- Experience in managing customers, vendors, external agencies
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of the Canadian and USA retail and consumer environment
- Successful at fostering teamwork and development of talent
- Proven ability work in a local high performance environment, while engaging and contributing in a larger multi-national organization
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skill with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint.
- Travel is required
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Flexible time off
- Parental Leave top-up
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Virtual daily fitness classes
- Access to Vega’s Online Learning Library
- Dogs in the office (virtually on video calls) – Woof!
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks*
- Green Transit incentives*
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee*
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director, Sales Planning and Strategy” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.