Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years and was recently awarded the #1 Best Workplace in Canada 2017. Vega has also been recognized as the #1 Best Workplace for Women in Canada for the third year in a row. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet, and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
The overall responsibility of this position is to oversee Logistics, Warehousing, and Customer Order Fulfillment. The Director will guide all warehousing and distribution activities, providing direction to the team, interfacing with manufacturing, courier and trucking companies, warehouses, customs, customers, finance, QA, marketing, and sales. The ultimate goals of the Director, Logistics & Customer Collaboration is to develop and sustain consistent, distribution and storage of finished goods, to attain sales and service targets while maintaining quality standards and cost targets.
This role requires a solid understanding of the manufacturing, distribution, warehousing and customer requirements. The complete ownership of all processes under their influence is expected.
- Oversee the Planning, Inventory Control, Warehousing, and Transportation needs of the company.
- Oversight of Vega’s warehousing and ensuring that established performance standards are being met at all times.
- Inventory control of finished goods, raw materials, promotional and marketing support items.
- Tracking of all current KPI’s and developing new measures to help support the successful growth of the company
- Maintaining high customer fill rates and perfect order statistics.
- Managing the day to day distribution relationships with key production and logistics partners in Canada and the US.
- Working to improve the company’s overall inventory turns statistics through strategic planning.
- Managing relationships with key transportation providers and negotiating improved rates.
- Optimizing the company’s use of its transportation dollars to achieve efficiency savings.
- Planning and development of the department to pursue continuous improvement through rapid growth trends.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma
- 8+ Years of Logistics Planning/scheduling experience preferably in CPG
- Apics/CPIM Designation preferred
- Experience with physical and system inventory reconciliations
- Advanced competency with ERP’s and planning functions
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Can organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Can perform well and deliver high-quality under deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve/troubleshoot operational issues
- Amazing communication, and interpersonal skills
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual Bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health/Dental Plan
- Green Transit incentives
- Fitness Subsidy
- Employer matching RRSP Program
- Education Fund
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at email@example.com with “Director, Logistics and Customer Collaboration” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.