Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists as a Copywriter at Vega’s Head Office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Creative & Content Director, you will be responsible for collaborating with the marketing team and supporting the strategy and execution of projects of various scales and across a variety of media.
You take writing seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Bring life to ideas with words, whether that is starting with an original concept or retrofitting an existing one
- Write across a tonal spectrum from humorous and emotional to the very-technical — ensuring a consistent brand voice.
- Support strategic thinking at every touch point driving alignment of brand voice and industry best practices across product portfolio and activations.
- Lead best-in-class copy creation for packaging, digital content, shopper activation, consumer brochures, PR materials, and campaign support.
- Build compelling presentations alongside the marketing team
- Collaborate seamlessly with people from a range of disciplines
- Generate content quickly and perfectly making sure to stick to deadlines
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-6 years experience in a creative copywriting role (i.e. ad agency, design or in-house studio)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Thrive in ambiguity and large amounts of autonomy
- Ability to multitask among a multitude of projects and responsibilities
- Outspoken about your ideas while being able to accept criticism from team members
- Exceptional organizational skills
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com with “Copywriter” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.