Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Business Analyst at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Business Analyst, the Business Analyst is a partnership role that works with various departments at Vega to help the organization implement new (or changes to) systems and processes. We are looking for a seasoned professional who can bring their extensive Business Analysis experience in Finance, Sales/Promotion Management, Trade Management, and/ or Product Management (PIM, PCM, PXM) and who, preferably, has a background in a manufacturing or CPG industry. As a member of the IT team, you will play a lead role in the evolution of the department and our organization.
You take systems and processes seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
- Effectively build relationships with stakeholders
- Conduct business process workshops and create supporting documentation (requirements, process flowcharts)
- Create and manage project/ communication plans
- Work with the business to define and prioritize requirements
- Create and manage test plans (through to UAT sign-off)
- Work with internal partners to develop standard operating procedures and job aids as-needed for new and existing applications
- Create functional and integration design documents/ specifications
- Facilitate or coordinate training and related documentation
- Manage project issue and change logs
- Vendor/ contractor management
- Provide recommendations for process improvements
- Work with functional business leaders on cleaning and improving data quality
- Provide input to the technology roadmap
- Support transition of technology projects to operational support team
- Provide leadership and coaching to less experienced individuals
- Actively engage in learning experiences to keep professionally current
- Other tasks that may be required to support the organization’s strategy and ongoing operations
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Business or Information Systems, or equivalent experience or combination.
- 5+ years experience in developing, implementing, testing and supporting system and business processes changes.
- CBAP and/ or PMP certification considered an asset.
- Experience with databases, applications and data integration.
- Experience building relationships and effectively working with stakeholders.
- Solid facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of effective change management techniques.
- Data mining/ analysis ability.
- Experience with project management and execution.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP, Salesforce, Shopify, Adaptive Insights, Tableau, CPG Toolbox, Blackline, Optiva (an advantage)
- Experience with Supply Chain and/ or Finance systems and processes (an advantage)
- Experience with master data/ Product Management (PIM, PXM) solutions (an advantage)
- Knowledge of data warehousing and reporting (an advantage)
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Analyst” in the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.