Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging contract position exists as a Brand Manager – Innovation. Reporting to the Marketing Director – Innovation, this role is part of a dynamic and nimble team that will evaluate and lead new food & beverage products from white space identification to execution. Day to day, you will assess market and consumer landscapes and identify white space opportunities to build out new innovation platforms or formats. You will immerse yourself in consumer insights, analytical evaluation of opportunities, and will shift from strategic thinking to day-to-day project management. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability share a vision for the innovation pipeline which motivates and inspires cross-functional teams, as well as Leadership. We are looking for someone who is a natural leader who feels comfortable working independently to navigate the organization and drive action.
- Assess market and consumer landscape and identify white space opportunities to build out new innovation platforms or formats
- Develop big ideas or platforms that are driven from consumer insights and fuel a multi-year innovation pipeline
- Strategically assess and paint a path for pipeline development
- Analyze consumer insights, gather trends, and monitor competitive activity to identify opportunities for product Innovation
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and gain senior level alignment.
- Influence and persuade across the organization to procure and leverage resources, remove barriers, and engage cross functional teams to ensure projects are successful and timelines are met
- Champion each new product launch to the sales organization and customers resulting in early adoption and effective sell-through
- This role is an individual contributor and does not have direct reports
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in both brand management and innovation roles; preferably within a consumer packaged goods organization
- Experience developing innovation strategy and a multi-year pipeline, as well as launching new products and/or brands, formats and/or packaging
- Experience launching innovation from beginning to end (market opportunity or trend identification, consumer insight identification, concept creation, consumer validation, product development, commercialization)
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and creating structure and vision for the cross-functional team
- Strong collaborator who has partnered with R&I, Operations, and Sales to execute complex innovations that required new technology or co-mans
- Strong financial acumen, analytical skills and P&L management experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You are comfortable tackling a new problem or situation without all the information, established processes, or prescriptive guidance
- You are an enthusiastic, engaging and confident leader
- Ability to work remote
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humour and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for VEGA
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks including an optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Free product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- Dogs in the office – woof!
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible Extended Health
- Fitness Subsidy
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Brand Manager, Innovation” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.