Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as an Assistant Brand Manager at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Marketing you will be responsible for driving the development and execution of brand product strategy consistent with all aspects of the business, including existing product development, financial management, marketing planning and tactical execution of plans. The role requires driving projects from concept to commercialization, with consumer insights, analytical evaluation of opportunities, and hands on management of multiple projects in various stages of development.
You take Brand Management seriously, but still have fun at work with your Vega team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
Product development & sales support:
- Work with cross functional teams to lead execution of new product launches including development of business cases, product design and go to market strategies
- Works with internal creative team to develop packaging and consumer messaging while securing legal and regulatory approval
- Assist in development of sales presentations and tool kits
- Assist in campaign development including building out campaign briefs, providing feedback to creative teams and identifying KPIs to track against performance
- Assist in development of owned content, such as, brand website, social, blogs, etc.
- Liaise with consumer service and education teams on key brand initiatives, educate on product features, and support Q&A development
Analytics & Reporting:
- Responsible for monthly sales data analytics and reporting working with analytic platforms like IRI, Nielsen, and aggregators such as Tableau
- Assisting in competitive, category, and company performance to support development of business strategies
- Assist in identifying business challenges and opportunities and driving action plans.
- Leading and interfacing with cross-functional teams to execute various planned and adhoc projects
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 1-2 years in an Assistant Brand Manager or Associate Product Manager position
- Experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry is a significant asset
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Well organized with project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to pull out key, meaningful insights. Experience with IRI, Nielsen, an asset.
- Performance-driven and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Proactive and always looking for opportunities to take initiative and improve both for the company and yourself
- Goal-oriented, known for your integrity and always do what you say you will
- A team player with ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
VEGA “Must Haves”
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You live the Vega brand
Benefits of Working for Vega
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open Book Management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- On-site kitchen with in-house Vegan Chef offering plant-based food and snacks
- An optional plant-based lunch program
- In-house gym and meditation room
- Dogs in the office – Woof!
- Bi-Monthly product to try so that you can perform at your best and promote the Vegatopian lifestyle
- MSP – 100% coverage
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Extended Health Plan
- Parental Leave top-up
- Green Transit incentives
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Fund
- Employer matching RRSP Program
Let your journey begin!
If you smiled and are motivated by this posting, we want to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ” Assistant Brand Manager ” on the subject line and let your journey begin!
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.